EITT - Features
New features of EITT 4.1
- The main amendment of version 4.1 compared to version 4.0 is the usage of multiple interfaces: Eitt now enables the user to define a list of bus interfaces ('bus connection list') and to assign telegrams to bus connections. During telegram sequence evaluation, EITT sends and receives telegrams via the assigned bus connections.
- The Loop-Mode feature was extended. The user is now able to enter the number of loops to run a telegram sequence. The menu ‘Options’ -> ‘Loop Mode Limit…’ opens the dialog, which allows setting the loop counter limit. Unlimited loop execution is still selectable. The number of executed loops is visible in the tracebuffer.
- Improved handling of cells in the 'Telegram Sequence Window'. The editing of telegram parts is more ‘Excel’-like. When one now alters the content of a cell and one highlights the underneath cells, the content of the first selected cell is copied onto the rest.
- Use of wildcard characters in the criteria of telegram sequence filter is possible.
- The 'Telegram Properties Window' now shows the address structure of LTE telegram in the same way as Eitt version 3.1.
- The printout of the tracebuffer contains the filter settings that are currently active.
- The ‘Search And Replace’ dialog was extended, now also allowing replacing serial numbers in management telegrams.
- A new function was added to automatically build IN/OUT telegram blocks.
- A new dialog was added for the tracebuffer, which allows the user a text-by-text replacement of tracebuffer comments. The dialog can be opened via a new tracebuffer toolbar button or by clicking the tracebuffer and then using the menu ‘Edit’ - ‘Replace…’ (or F3 function key).
- Additional buttons in the Telegram Sequence Window toolbar and in the toolbar of the trace buffer.
- Changed handling of telegrams wait time, if the 'Stop' option is set.
- For raw mode testing, the checksum calculation can be switched on/off for raw mode connections. The ‘Bus Connections’ dialog enables the related checkbox, if ‘Raw Mode’ is selected as layer type.
- Extension of the automation interface in order to handle the new bus connection lists.
- The ETS4 .knxproj file import was extended to
read the datapoint types of the product’s communication objects if set. The
datapoint type read will be preselected in the pixit header. Additionally the
write and transmit flag settings will be evaluated by EITT. The communication
way will be preselected according to the flag settings:
- write flag set: communication way IN as preselection
- transmit flag set: communication way OUT as preselection
- both flags set: communication way INOUT as preselection
Minor modifications and extensions
- Local service telegrams and faulty telegrams can be directly modified in the telegram sequence grid (not only in the Telegram Property Window).
- The UI now shows progress information while loading documents and creating .pdf printouts.
- The coloring of ‘Stop’ option was changed: Instead of displaying a red marked text ’stop’ (which then hides the time to next telegram value), the time to next telegram value will be displayed in a red box.
- In the value column of the Telegram Sequence
Grid, the value can now be entered in hex format for some datapoint types:
- DPT 5.00x Scaling
- DPT 5.010 8 bit counter
- DPT 7.001 16 bit counter
- DPT 12.001 32 bit counter
- DPT 14.xxx IEEE Float
- DPT 17.001 Scene Number
- DPT 18.001 Scene Control
- The tracebuffer keeps the cursor selection on the comment after editing the comment instead of jumping to the next entry. Hitting the Return key opens the dialog to edit the comment, CTRL+Return inserts a new comment.
- The ‘ConnectionLess’ attribute column in the Telegram Properties Window was renamed to ‘ConnectionOriented’.
- Only the name of the .ctl file will be displayed in the footer of the pdf printout (instead of the complete path).
- Attributes of management telegrams (connection
flag, sequence number,…) can be changed in one go: The settings in the Telegram
Properties Window can be applied to the selection of Management Telegrams in
- The way to import ‘Function’ and ‘Name’ object attributes in the Pixit Header has been changed (please check with own products).
The following bugs were corrected
- Copy/Paste of telegrams via context menu is possible again.
- Page numbering in pdf printouts is working again.
- The user can edit and delete tracebuffer comments.
- The tracebuffer printout contains only telegrams according to the filter settings.
- AF marked telegrams will be shown in red color in the tracebuffer printout.
- If the tracebuffer is displayed on a second monitor, the tracebuffer operations will be available in the EITT trace menu. Some of them are available in the reworked tracebuffer toolbar too.
- Adjusting the individual addresses according to IN/OUT settings.
- Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V now works for sequence names, filter names and trigger names.
- A bug was corrected which caused crashes while
changing column widths in the Telegram Sequence Grid.
- Products with no physical address assigned now will be handled correctly while importing from .knxproj file.
New features of EITT 4.0
- General rework of the EITT user interface: The old telegram sequence windows were replaced by EXCEL-like grid windows. Now the user is able to change telegram data by directly editing the cells of the related grid line.
- The Telegram Sequence Grid can be sorted by different selectable criteria.
- The display in the Telegram Sequence Grid can be filtered. The filter criteria can be entered for each column.
- Telegram Sequence Manager, filter and trigger dialogs were replaced by tool windows:
- Additionally, all telegram attributes are displayed in a telegram properties window, which shows all aspects of the selected telegram. The user is able to change these telegram attributes by directly editing them in the telegram property window. All changes will be directly displayed in the telegram sequence grid window. The telegram property window replaces the old telegram dialogs of EITT version 3.
- The tool windows and the Trace Buffer windows can be arranged as floating windows in the editing window or on a second monitor.
- ETS4 data import: The product data necessary for the creation of the PIXIT Header can be imported from ETS4 .knxproj project files.
- New Datapoint types were introduced. The former EIS data types were replaced by the KNX standardized data type.
- New management telegrams were introduced.
- The bus connection can now be established in Link Layer Mode, Busmonitor Mode and in Raw Mode.
- Support of RF telegram tests: It is possible to enter and compare RF-specific telegram data. RF frames can be color coded according RF serial number, wildcards can be entered for RF serial numbers, nicknames can be attributed and a serial number white list can set. The search and replace option was extended for RF serial numbers.
- Usage of multiple Trace Buffer filters is now possible.
- A new comment command '@@+' was introduced allowing the user to suspend the telegram sequence evaluation and append an error remark to the Trace Buffer if needed.
- '@[t' comment commands can be set/reset in one go for all selected telegrams.
- Inverse evaluation of a telegram: If this telegram feature is selected, the result of the evaluation of this telegram will be inverted during the running of the sequence. A proper ACK or an expected answer will be evaluated as failure, a missing ACK or a missing answer will be evaluated as expected result.
- The direct printing of telegram sequences was replaced by the printing of telegram sequences to .pdf files.
- When EITT4 is closed, the content of the telegram clipboard is stored.
- Telegrams in EITT4 format can be saved in EITT3.1 format.