- The main amendment of version 4.1 compared to
version 4.0 is the usage of multiple interfaces: Eitt now enables the user to
define a list of bus interfaces ('bus connection list') and to assign
telegrams to bus connections. During telegram sequence evaluation, EITT sends
and receives telegrams via the assigned bus connections.
- The Loop-Mode feature was extended. The user is
now able to enter the number of loops to run a telegram sequence. The menu
‘Options’ -> ‘Loop Mode Limit…’ opens the dialog, which allows setting the
loop counter limit. Unlimited loop execution is still selectable. The number of
executed loops is visible in the tracebuffer.
- Improved handling of cells in the 'Telegram
Sequence Window'. The
editing of telegram parts is more ‘Excel’-like. When one now alters the content
of a cell and one highlights the underneath cells, the content of the first
selected cell is copied onto the rest.
of wildcard characters in the criteria of telegram sequence filter is possible.
- The 'Telegram Properties Window' now shows the
address structure of LTE telegram in the same way as Eitt version 3.1.
- The printout of the tracebuffer contains the
filter settings that are currently active.
- The ‘Search And Replace’ dialog was extended,
now also allowing replacing serial numbers in management telegrams.
- A new function was added to automatically build
IN/OUT telegram blocks.
- A new dialog was added for the tracebuffer,
which allows the user a text-by-text replacement of tracebuffer comments. The
dialog can be opened via a new tracebuffer toolbar button or by clicking the
tracebuffer and then using the menu ‘Edit’ - ‘Replace…’ (or F3 function key).
- Additional buttons in the Telegram Sequence
Window toolbar and in the toolbar of the trace buffer.
Changed handling of telegrams wait time, if the
'Stop' option is set.
- For raw mode testing, the checksum calculation
can be switched on/off for raw mode connections. The ‘Bus Connections’
dialog enables the related checkbox, if ‘Raw Mode’ is selected as layer type.
- Extension of the automation interface in order
to handle the new bus connection lists.
- The ETS4 .knxproj file import was extended to
read the datapoint types of the product’s communication objects if set. The
datapoint type read will be preselected in the pixit header. Additionally the
write and transmit flag settings will be evaluated by EITT. The communication
way will be preselected according to the flag settings:
- write flag set: communication way IN as
- transmit flag set: communication way OUT as
- both flags set: communication way INOUT as
Minor modifications and extensions
- Local service telegrams and faulty telegrams can
be directly modified in the telegram sequence grid (not only in the Telegram
- The UI now shows progress information while
loading documents and creating .pdf printouts.
- The coloring of ‘Stop’ option was changed:
Instead of displaying a red marked text ’stop’ (which then hides the time to
next telegram value), the time to next telegram value will be displayed in a
- In the value column of the Telegram Sequence
Grid, the value can now be entered in hex format for some datapoint types:
- DPT 5.00x Scaling
- DPT 5.010 8 bit counter
- DPT 7.001 16 bit counter
- DPT 12.001 32 bit counter
- DPT 14.xxx IEEE Float
- DPT 17.001 Scene Number
- DPT 18.001 Scene Control
- The tracebuffer keeps the cursor selection on
the comment after editing the comment instead of jumping to the next entry.
Hitting the Return key opens the dialog to edit the comment, CTRL+Return
inserts a new comment.
- The ‘ConnectionLess’ attribute column in the
Telegram Properties Window was renamed to ‘ConnectionOriented’.
- Only the name of the .ctl file will be displayed
in the footer of the pdf printout (instead of the complete path).
- Attributes of management telegrams (connection
flag, sequence number,…) can be changed in one go: The settings in the Telegram
Properties Window can be applied to the selection of Management Telegrams in
- The way to import ‘Function’ and ‘Name’ object
attributes in the Pixit Header has been changed (please check with own
The following bugs were corrected
- Copy/Paste of telegrams via context menu is
- Page numbering in pdf printouts is working
- The user can edit and delete tracebuffer
- The tracebuffer printout contains only telegrams
according to the filter settings.
- AF marked telegrams will be shown in red color
in the tracebuffer printout.
- If the tracebuffer is displayed on a second
monitor, the tracebuffer operations will be available in the EITT trace menu.
Some of them are available in the reworked tracebuffer toolbar too.
- Adjusting the individual addresses according to
- Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V now works for sequence names,
filter names and trigger names.
- A bug was corrected which caused crashes while
changing column widths in the Telegram Sequence Grid.
- Products with no physical address assigned now will be
handled correctly while importing from .knxproj file.