What is KNX National Group USA – Mission and Objectives?
KNX National Group USA is a neutral and local association, with the mission to promote KNX on a local basis in the United States of America. This includes the organizing of activities, workshops, trainings and events. Members of the association are amongst others major KNX manufacturers, KNX integrators and certified KNX Training Centers. With all powers united, KNX National Group USA represents a strong group, which offers many business opportunities and advantages to any company, which is involved in building automation.
The objectives of KNX National Group USA are:
- To represent and promote KNX in the US;
- To assist in the development and application of technology, infrastructure and manpower skills for KNX;
- To promote the development and applications of KNX Systems for the expansion of Intelligent Building Control;
- To advance, and actively promote and support education and technical training to include KNX in the local teaching-curriculum and to enhance productivity, skills and product quality for consultants and electrical contractors;
- To act as the advisory, consultative and coordinating body for KNX Systems;
- To acquire new members for the KNX Association International
- To promote the usage of the Engineering Tool Software (ETS)
- To act as a negotiating body for members of the association concerning intelligent building control systems and technology with users, specifiers and relevant regulators;
- To organise and/or participate in exhibitions, conferences for the promotion of its activity;
- To promote trade, friendly relations and contacts;
Who can become a member of KNX National Group USA and what kinds of membership exist?
KNX Membership is open to all businesses with ordinary domicile in the US. The association can be joined as followed:
Manufacturer (M) Membership: Companies manufacturing or distributing KNX compatible solutions in the USA. The headquarters of such members shall also be a member or a licensee of KNX International. The manufacturers shall be committed to promote the design and commissioning of KNX installations by KNX accredited companies.
Integrator (I) Membership: Companies, with one or more KNX partners, involved in the integration of KNX solutions in homes and buildings e.g. contractors, system integrators, consultants, specifiers, architects
User (U) Membership: Private persons, companies or other interested parties, using KNX solutions e.g. building/house owners, health care organizations, national house builders, training providers
Wholesaler (W) Membership: Companies distributing KNX compatible solutions in the USA. The headquarters of such members are not necessarily a member or a licensee of KNX International.
M, I, U & W members may put forward one or more candidates to be nominated as trustees at a KNX USA General Assembly (hereafter referred to as "GA") according to the rules as set out in the articles of KNX USA Limited. Manufacturer (M) members who do not have a USA office are not eligible to stand for election as trustees.
When was KNX National Group USA founded? The USA has always been in the focus of KNX Association. After numerous inquiries towards KNX to get active in the USA as well, KNX Association proudly held the foundation of KNX National Group USA. The foundation meeting was held during LIGHTFAIR INTERNATIONAL, the leading American exhibition for lighting and building automation solutions, in New York on May 6th. Next to the first event, the participation at LIGHTFAIR INTERNATIONAL from May 5th – May 7th, many activities have been already agreed on, such as the organising of workshops, forums and further participations at tradeshows and exhibitions. The elected board of KNX USA, consisting of Mr. David Thurow (President of KNX USA – Siemens), Mr. Ty Saville (Vice-President of KNX USA – Somfy) and Mr. Marc-Antoine Micaelli (Secretary of KNX USA – DMC Technology), made clear that KNX will play a predominant role in the ongoing developments in the US market and thereby contributing to the worldwide success of KNX. All activities of KNX USA can be followed the KNX Facebook page or the official website of KNX National Group USA: www.knx.us .
KNX National Group USA welcomend the following 19 founding members on May 6th:
- SIERRA MONITOR CORPORATION
- STARGATE AV
- DMC TECHNOLOGY
- HUBBELL LIGHTING
- EnOcean Allliance
- TUV Rheinland
Interested in becoming a member of KNX National Group USA?
For any questions regarding the completing of the KNX National Group USA Application form, please contact the secretariat of KNX National Group USA.
CONTACT KNX National Group USA
Mr. Marc-Antoine Micaelli, Secretary of KNX National Group USA
KNX USA 113 N. San Vicente blvd 90211 Beverly Hills, CA
Tel: +1 (925) 413-6606 www.knx.us mail : efc8153b01d8b3a926c0836f0b66e959e58791b6#e909211255ce6eba8d276d3e6dc3c36bd0269692#0166511561